Penfield Post Office
2080 Fairport Nine Mile Point Rd, Penfield, NY 14526
Toll-Free: 1-800-Ask-USPS® (275-8777)
PO Box Access Available
Monday 24 hours
Tuesday 24 hours
Wednesday 24 hours
Thursday 24 hours
Friday 24 hours
Saturday 24 hours
Sunday 24 hours
Monday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Wednesday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Thursday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Friday 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Visit our Passport FAQ page for a complete overview of what to bring, what you need to know, and how long it will take.
- You will need two forms of Identification with copies.
- A passport quality photo. Available at location.
- The appropriate application form printed and filled out, and the required fee for applying or renewing.
- You can find up to date costs, information, and forms at the State Departments Travel Site
*An appointment is required to apply for or renew US Passports. Please Call.
- Bulk Mail Acceptance
- Bulk Mail Account Balance
- Bulk Mail New Permit
- Burial Flags
- Business Reply Mail Account Balance
- Business Reply Mail New Permit
- Duck Stamps
- General Delivery
- Money Orders (Domestic)
- Money Orders (Inquiry)
- Money Orders (International)
- Packaged Stamps
- Passport Acceptance
- Passport Photo
- Pickup Accountable Mail
- Pickup Hold Mail
- PO Box Online
- Lobby has Vending
- Lot Parking
- Street Parking
- Passport Appointment Hours
Visit our Links Page for links to Holiday Schedule, Change of Address, Hold Mail/Stop Delivery, PO Box rentals and fees, and Available Jobs.
*Please call to verify information. Is anything incorrect? Let us know here
Nearby Post Offices:
206 W Commercial St
2.0 miles away
1614 Penfield Rd Ste 2
2.2 miles away
770 Ayrault Rd
2.2 miles away
6740 Pittsford Palmyra Rd
2.6 miles away
Reviews*Comments below are not read by postal employees. Please do not post personal information.
I contacted you about a package being
lost. Your answer to me was basically, sorry sometimes we lose things!
Luckily, the company I ordered from is very accommodating and has agreed to
reship the items and will this time use FedEx instead. It is my
understanding that the USPS is struggling immensely. Maybe instead of
cutting delivery days and staff you should take a look at how you
operate. If your only function is to deliver the mail and you fail at
that then what good are you? Then to add insult to injury, your
"customer service" (in quotes to illustrate the fact that this term
is used loosely) is atrocious. Your only response is to say
"oops!"?? This is the FOURTH time you have lost something (one
time being an important title) and the FOURTH time you have done NOTHING to
resolve the issue. Way to go USPS! At least you manage to deliver
my spam credit card offers daily and my copy of Dairy Herder Magazine to me
every month (I am not a dairy herder and live in the suburbs, not sure how I
ended up on that subscription list)!