The following is a list of items that have been lost in the mail
• December 2016: Health Insurance bill
• March 2017: Box of Checks – I finally went to the bank and they closed my checking account and re-opened it under a new number as a precaution, and re-ordered the checks, free of charge, to be shipped to the bank
• June 2017: DVD shipped from Netflix
• October 2017: Personal Property Tax bill – I had to pay a $30 late fee
(My housemate also did not receive her bill and had to pay a late fee)
• November 2017: Personal mail sent to a family member
• December 2017: Post-card from my vet; roommate received postcard from same vet
• April 2018: Payment via check sent to my vet – I had to pay my bank $35 to cancel the check
• November 2018: DVD shipped from Netflix*
• Late 2018 US Government Shutdown: Mail suddenly takes 2-4 weeks to arrive. Post office should not be affected. Following end of government shut-down, service returns to normal
• *February 2019: Missing DVD from Netflix delivered, three months later
• October 2019: State refund check. Received check one(1) week after everyone else
• September-October 2019: DVD from Netflix takes five(5) days to arrive at shipping center; additional seven(7) days to be delivered.
• And who knows how much junk mail
I contacted the Aylett post office last Friday, 12/9 bc I had yet to receive a package that said "out for delivery" on 12/6; I was told by a gentlemen that "it was probably scanned incorrectly and that the delivery times are only an estimate" and he would check into it and call me back. He did return my call but I was sleeping bc I work nights so he left me a message stating that "I had one package there and if I wanted to come pick it up, I could." The problem with this was that the info he gave was on a different package that I had even called about and he said there was only one package when at that point there should have been at least 3 with more to come. Also if I was able to come pick my packages up, then I would have already done so but I have a toddler and I work nights so they are closed when I get off at 0730. He was trying to be helpful and I understand that so I called back to let him know that picking up would be a challenge. This is when the worst problem occurred, the manager answered and was incredibly rude the entire conversation....stating "I would get me packages when I got them" and "that they have 75,000 more packages this year than last year, if I even understood what that meant!" I asked what is the fastest way for me to get my packages then, should I come sit in the parking lot for an hour and half after I get off work until they open. She responded with "that would not get them to you any faster bc they have to be sorted." I then asked should I not buy from companies that ship through UPS and she replied with "well FedEx and UPS are contracted with us so they drop off here anyway so you would still have to go through us." Now this is insane to me when they clearly can't handle it! I asked will I get my packages before Christmas and she stated "well I hope so." So at this point I am currently waiting on 4 packages that were suppose to be delivered already and more that will be on the way soon. In addition to the missing packages, I am also missing mail...some days I don't receive any or it is 7-8 pm before it comes. I do understand it is a busy season but I have never had this problem before, ever and I have been in this county for over 13 years. I am an extremely dissatisfied and disappointed customer! I will also be contacting the retailers that ship through the postal service, as well as FedEx and UPS to let them know about this situation.
Tracking information for my package said it was "out for delivery on 12/6/17 at 12:02pm". When I called the post office on the 9th, I was very rudely told by a "supervisor", "that never happens. We are very busy and you are just going to have to be patient with us". While I can appreciate the fact that this is the busiest time of the year for the USPS, it is not acceptable for the residents of our county to not receive mail until 10pm. It is not acceptable that days after a package has arrived at the post office it is still not delivered. My fiancé went to the PO to pick up the package in question along with several others that tracking information confirmed had been delivered to the Aylett PO. They could only find one. I have never before had a bad experience with this or any other post office, but this is ridiculous!
This postal service is unreliable and not professional. What happened to delivering the mail before 5pm?
I've been tracking packages that should have been delivered days ago, has been sitting at post office and they still have not notified me in any way.