We are having the same experience as Mary Patchen. Our mail was held from July 1-30 and was supposed to be delivered on July 31st. It wasn't. Our regular letter carrier has been out since the 31st and inquiries to the ones covering for her have so far gone nowhere. A call to the P.O. yesterday morning was equally fruitless. We are still waiting.
We moved in mid-May and requested a one week hold because we were out of town the last week of May. We have been at the new address for 4 weeks now but have not received the mail that was held for
the last week of May although some forwarded items have started to arrive I the last 3 days. The new post office has confirmed the held mail has not been forwarded. We stopped by the Fulton branch last Monday, they would not confirm if our held mail was still there but we were told to come back only on Wednesday or Saturdays to check again. The Fulton branch is nearly 4 miles from our new place and no easy way to get there. Understand they have staffing issues but no mail for nearly a month is not acceptable.
After three calls and speaking to three different people at the 11238 Post Office, the mail in our overflowing outgoing mailbox, which has been in use since 1960, has not been picked up for five days. And every time we call to request service and report that the mail has not been picked up, the response is, "we'll look into it; we'll try to send someone over." And nothing happens.
• Replied to David White
Frank A. Davis
There has been no delivery on the 400 block of Adelphi St. for the last three days.
Thank you for looking into this.
My daughter never received her birthday Medium Priority Box! Here's what I know for tracking # 9505 5107 1721 81723152 39 ---
1) I was sent a text it was delivered on Sat., June 23 at 3:03 pm, & put in a Parcel Box.
2) On Sun. my daughter called to say there was NO package.
3) On Mon, we contacted the super and the manager of the building.
4) They checked the cameras and there was NO footage of a postman delivering a box.
5) My daughter was told the key would have been in her mail box.... there was NO key in her mail box.
6) I went to the PO where I mailed the box. They checked the USPS website and the GPS recorded for delivery at that address. The building was visible, and the box was scanned at 3:03 pm.
7) I spoke with the super/manager again, and told them this info, and they checked the cameras again, and there is NO footage of a delivery on or around 3:03 PM on Sat., June 23.
8) My daughter left a note asking a) the postman to check ALL the Parcel Boxes to see if it's in there,and b) where did he leave the key.
I am very upset that her birthday gifts from family did not make it. VERY UPSET. I tried to call the 718-783 # all day on Friday (yesterday) and no one ever answered. I hope I hear from someone.
I would like to know who the delivery person was and what they have to say about the missing box.
I have been trying to get a package redelivered to my daughter for the last week. Her medicine is in the package, she ended up in the emergency room this past weekend, I have talked to at a minimum 5 USPS Agents that keep reassuring me the package will go out tomorrow, here we area on day 7 and still no package. I understand it's the holiday but why lie. If the package is not going to be delivered I would have had her roommate pick it up. Now her roommate has left for the holiday, my daughter is coming home this week as well so I imagine I will get the package redelivered back to me at home. No wonder the USPS is doing so bad, their customer service stinks. I will never, ever, use them to send a package again. I do not care if it cost me two arms, two legs. This is utterly ridiculous.