I've had a couple of bad experiences with this post office. On 2 occasions, the USPS notified me that my packages had been delivered. They had not been delivered either time. Staff seem to notify AMAZON that packages have been delivered ( on time ) even if they are still on the truck. I loved it when they notified me that my 30 pound space heater had been left in my little mailbox!!! I also went there to send a package. They weighed the box and quoted me such a high price that I left and went to the Pikesville Branch. At the Pikesville branch, the same package weighed LESS and cost LESS to ship. Very unsatisfied lately with the Mt Washington Post Office!!! • • •
The worst deliverers ever. Too lazy to open the mailbox so she left a small package sitting on the floor IN AN APARTMENT BUILDING and of course it was stolen. I asked her why didn't she put it in the box, she said "it says in or at the box so I left it at the box." I said even though it's small enough to fit in the mailbox!!! "Um, ma'am you can call the person who sent it and let them know you didn't get it." I wanted to kick her in her lazy @$$.
Generally this is a really awful post office. They stopped leaving me notices for my packages when I wasn't home about 8 months ago and even though I have filed a formal complaint, they continue not to leave notices. This has resulted in some of my mail being sent back to the sender because I was unaware that it was even supposed to have shown up. Most of the employees are visibly in a bad mood when I visit the location, and they aren't particularly helpful. Sometimes one or two of them is friendly, which I owe them credit for since it's refreshing, but generally I walk in there expecting to deal with grumpy people. I would say about 10% of my experience here has been positive with the remaining 90% fairly negative. I appreciate the work they do and I know it's probably not a fun job, but this post office usually leaves a bad impression on me. Thanks to all the employees who put a smile on and try to help though, they really stand out here.
Attempted to call to confirm services provided at this location. Began calling at 12:45 on Wednesday, could not reach anyone by 1:00. Perhaps among the problems faced by USPS includes adequate customer service, and enough employees to provide such service.
I just called today around 1:00 and the lady on the phone was really rude and I was rushed on the phone, was not finished with my questions and was hung up on. Really disappointed with the customer service.